Friday, September 09, 2005

Proper Break Up


Semalem kebetulan nonton rerun sex and the city, yang episode "Hop, Skip And A Week" yang mana cuplikannya sebagai berikut:

"Carrie tries to figure out exactly what's going on with Berger. ....... Unfortunately, Berger's heart just isn't in it, and while she sleeps, Berger leaves Carrie in the dead of night, breaking it off via a solitary Post-it note stuck to her computer screen."

Oh Gosh, kebayang gag sih putus lewat post it? Painful break up and quite humiliating maybe? Anywy, thanks God gue never have to go thru a painful breakup w/ anybody. But onetime I did quite similar of what Berger did to Carrie minus the S** part tentunya. Saat itu gue kuliah during my sophomore years dan had a long distance relationship w/ someone back home. It wasn't serious and it was one relationship that I would regret for the rest of my life, not because I love him so much but because I was out of pity. I knew him for ages and he's been asking me out since we're in junior high but I always turn him down but during my senior years (the very last month of it), I said ok for knowing I'll be heading to state soon.

Well, you know being alone for the first time in a foreign land makes you want to explore other things such as drinking, partying and all other stuff...hey, give me a break I'm only 18 at that time :P Anyway, I always knew that deep down I don't and will never love him the way he loves me. There's one time I didn't return his call for almost 6 weeks and he had to call my friend to ask me how am I dong down there. After awhile I called him and told him that we better break it off but he refused to do so. I said well ok, I can't promise you anything but he said he'll wait for me and no way he wanted this to end. Giving another few weeks, I wrote him a letter and told him that "by reading this you know.. I'm breaking up with you...I tried to tell you over the phone but you won't listen. So from now on please consider yourself free to the market" Sounds sadistic? Hmm maybe...but at that time I have no idea how to breaking up with him and there's no use lying to myself for saying I miss you or love youw hich I know it's totally BS.

Not only I wasted his life and feelings for me but I also lost a friend...a very best friend in fact. That's why I regret the day I said yes to him. And as what Berger wrote on the note:

"I'm sorry..I can't..please don't hate me"

8 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup.. i watched that episode, too... hurts eh? but those things can be expected, esp. in nyc :D in this case, it's harsh to break up like that, but then in other cases, sometimes it's good that way... 'cuz some people just don't get it or just refuse to acknowledge that the other party just don't wanna continue.... as in your case, for ex. :)

learn from the past.. it's not all that bad... :)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Lili said...

susah yah kalau udah urusan cinta antara 2 manusia...
kalau jomblo forever rasanya gimanah yah???

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Lely said...

hahahaha... giling. Pusing juga kalo yg diputusin gak mo lepas2.. I did the same thing as you did... one time I wrote a mail explaining how I just want to finish thing with him. Anyway, udah diomongin bae2, tapi susah bener bikin dia ngerti...

So, instead of sending the mail, gue dateng lgs untuk ngasih di depan mukanya dia. (it was possible, since Holland was pretty small, though it took me 4 hours with train -back and forth- to reach his town. Definitely my most expensive break up ever) Finally he got the idea. And the letter was sort of hard copy of proof, toch? ;-)

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah ... sadis juga dulu elo, Mon ... hihih. Tapi kalu dibilangin ngga ngerti2, dlm bentuk tulisan emang jadi lebih tegas kedengerannya.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger only if . . . said...

I'd do the same thing if I was in your position.. abisnya cara apalagi buat bikin dia ngerti that it was a mistake & would be a mistake if we kept go on ? ya kan?

Huaqaa, you're such a heart breaker Moooonnn!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger kay's mom said...

Sebetulnya sih it's a very good thing for him...soale kalo tau gue bakalan 20 kg heavier than before gue yakin dia juga ill feel deh...hi..hi..hii kalo ketemu ama gue sekarang pasti lah "sukur..sukur..gue gag sama dia dulu"..ha..ha..ha...emang rejeki suami gue dapet istri kek gini...*ketipu nih yee....*

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Blogger!!!

You may want to check out relationship problem

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship problem - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.

Night of Passion :Intimacy and passion in relationships is not only important but also healthy.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!!! What inspire you to create such a wonderful blog!!!

Blogs are great for information sharing.

I have a people relationship dating site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at people relationship dating - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

Be Flexible :There will be times when your mate is right and times when you are right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home