Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Rest in Peace

Sorry baru update sekarang, soale gue baru balik dari Surabaya. My aunt passed away last friday so we went there on saturday morning. Yang meninggal ini adalah istri dari adiknya nyokap gue. My aunt was 52 years old and succumbed to cancer.

Kebetulan nyokap dan my other aunt udah berangkat dari kamis pagi dan pas kamis malam itu, my dying aunt minta didoakan dengan doa pelepasan. It was a sad moment, although I'm not there physically, I know how hard it must be for my uncle and my cousins.

So, today I pray for my aunt's salvation. The strength for the family she left behind. May God places you on his home in heaven.

"Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. "

Prayer Source: Catholic Family Handbook, The by Rev. George A. Kelly, Random House, Inc., New York, 1959

4 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turut berduka cita ya, Mon.

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mon,
ikut berduka cita yaaa...semoga arwah beliau diterima disisi Tuhan YME.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger only if . . . said...

Turut berduka cita, ya Mon.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Fortuna said...

Hmmm... sebenernya gue nggak suka dengan ucapan 'duka cita' untuk hal yang begini. Karena menurut gue... kematian itu bukan akhir... dan bukanlah sesuatu yang menyedihkan... bukan sesuatu yang harus dihadapi dengan rasa duka... Because, death, to me is the beginning of a new journey... perhaps a better one... The seperation will not always be easy for the family... But, if they realize how much she is free now from suffering... that she is in a better place... let's not shed the tears but smile on our face :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home